Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Yipee We are At The Halfway Point

Today marked the halfway point. Yippee! Tonight we talked about the benefits. We can't really see great strides, yet, at this point, but all three of us like eating cleaner. So continue on!


Harley was really, really tired tonight. She went to bed at 8 p.m. I don't know if that is Whole 30 related and she's not getting enough nutrition. Or if it is the fact she is "in love" and maybe not sleeping as well. Do you remember your first love? I certainly hope she isn't getting sick. I slipped a few more nuts and strawberries into her lunch for tomorrow.

Darian is continuing and he is also drinking a protein shake everyday after his weight lifting session. I think that is necessary for him for muscle building. 

And now as promised, here is my Frittata recipe:  


Vegetable Fritatta

Ingredient

8 ounce Sausage
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 small peppers: red, yellow, orange
  Finely chopped
A few stalks of Asparagus
Handful greens
(I use frozen spinach that I run under hot water and squeeze all the water out then chop)
12 eggs
1/4 teaspoon Pepper

First, fry the sausage. Mix in the onion, peppers, asparagus, pepper & greens.

Whisk the eggs together. Add in the sausage mixture. Stir.

Bake in a VERY well greased baking dish for 22 minutes at 350 degrees or until eggs are set! 


Darian likes to eat this cold during the week. And he likes it with Salsa. I make at least two of these a week in a 9x13 dish!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will have to make it sometime! Congrats on making it this far!! I too hope Harley is not getting sick; maybe she just needed more sleep last night. Wise for Darian to have a protein shake especially with his weight lifting.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can change it up so many ways, Betty. I think it would be great with cheese. (If only cheese were allowed in the Whole 30) She seems better today. Just tired, I guess!

      Delete