Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Day Two Was Easy Too!

We have now completed day two. I am not going to go on and on about how hungry I was last night before I went to bed. I just went to the fridge and made me a bowl of salad with Tessemae Lemon Garlic dressing. You can buy any of these at Amazon but I lucked out that my grocery store had some. They are a tiny bit pricey but Whole 30 compliant. Then I had a few carrot sticks and I was good to go.

Harley said she woke up 'starving' this morning so she came out and had her Fritatta and banana before she got ready for school. Usually she eats after she is ready! Darian said he didn't notice any differences.

They both took a huge salad with sliced chicken and hard-boiled eggs and home-made Ranch Dressing to school to eat. I ate my salad when I got up. Just skipped breakfast and went right to salad for brunch. I drank a cup of hot vanilla Chai black tea. Just let that coffee go today! I also made up another batch of ranch dressing so we won't run out!

For supper we had baked chicken breast which I just brushed with melted ghee (it is cultured sweet cream used as a butter substitute. I purchased it a while back from Amazon in preparation for this journey. Not too bad! I only use a smidgen because it, too, is pricey! Then I rubbed in salt, pepper, garlic salt, smoked paprika. Yum! Served with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. We all ate until we were stuffed. I have enough leftover chicken for the chicken salad later this week.

I cooked up tomorrow's breakfast while I was fixing dinner. And packed Darian and Harley's lunches, with their help. I'll tell you about those tomorrow. I have tweaked the menu some. Don't we all do that??

So far, so good. I am saying we have two days success under our belts!

2 comments:

  1. WTG Paula, Darian, and Harley!! Darian must be getting enough food that he's not complaining :) Definitely after the A/Z challenge I'm looking into this!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. He eats ALL the time! I haven't been able to impress upon him yet that he is supposed to only eat 3 times a day!!

    ReplyDelete