Thursday, April 21, 2016

Day Four Headache


We made it through day four. It was a messed up day. The kids had their breakfast Frittatas and fresh strawberries. I woke up with a horrible headache. Made myself a cup of hot tea. I have to figure out what I am going to do about my coffee. I love coffee and I love it with French Vanilla Cream. I want to just buy a bottle of the cream and say to heck with the Whole 30 Challenge. But I don't want to be a quitter like that. I knew it would be hard. And it is only 30 days. Maybe I'll go back to trying the coconut milk and cinnamon again!!

Anyway, I lay back down after my hot tea and slept a bit and when I woke up the second time the headache was better. I ate my chicken salad, which I thought was delicious. However, neither of the kids liked the chicken salad. They want me to add some dill to the dressing next time I make it. (That is how I make the homemade ranch). So we will get that a try.


Then Darian and his girl came home just as I took the Egg muffins out of the over and promptly ate 3 of them. What the heck?? It's okay because he was going to a band concert and they went out for salad for dinner afterwards. Harley and I enjoyed our dinner of hamburger steak, baked sweet potatoes, California vegetables. 

I also made a Crockpot full of Vegetable Beef soup today. They will take it for their lunch tomorrow. Darian came home after the band concert and ate a bowl of it too! Today he is letting me know that he needs to eat more!!

All in all we are doing okay. So far we haven't strayed from the plan. Well, Harley and I haven't! Darian tries to stay on point with us, but he has strayed a bit!

2 comments:

  1. Can't remember how long you might have that caffeine headache from when I have given up caffeine in the past. Usually I phase it out slowly when I do; reducing the amount of caffeine with decaffeinated.

    I would imagine each day will get better with your body adjusting to not having it.

    The thing is you guys are still sticking with it, that is WONDERFUL!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Betty. So far we haven't found it too hard to stick too. Sometimes late at night I dream about a milkshake or a Milky Way!!

    ReplyDelete