Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 8

The end of day 7 was stressful due to some family things. I felt rather off today. But, I stuck to the plan.

I had my coffee with my new blend of creamer:

1 full can coconut milk
1 egg
2 T coconut oil

Blended with immersion blender.

Not the same as my favorite French Vanilla Cream but it makes my coffee more palatable.
So hooray for me!!

As a side note, did you know coconut oil is good for your skin? And it smells delicious too!!

I packed lunches last night for the kiddos. Harley took chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. Darian had the same, but he substituted his chicken for peppercorn roast beef!

I slept in this morning (poor sleep the night before) and I had a brunch of left over fritatta with my coffee.

Our dinner tonight was a chicken stir-fry. Delicious. Everyone ate it heartily. I served it over cauliflower rice. It didn't fool me into believing it was rice. But it sure was good. This is the first time I have made and eaten a stir fry since Richard had his stroke on September 11, 2012. We were at the table eating a stir fry when it happened. 

Any way, we are on to day 9 even though I am really, really craving bread today!!


2 comments:

  1. I have to agree, it would be hard to substitute something for rice and achieve the same taste. Good for you guys though!!! Almost a third of the way through 30 days!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I just have to stay on top of the planning. I was cooking at 9 p.m. last night to make sure there was a Fritatta for the kids this morning. And meatballs for their faux-meatball sub-sandwiches!!

    ReplyDelete