Sunday, April 17, 2016

Day 0-Countdown

We are ready to go!! Today I spent the day getting everything ready. And these kids ate all day long!!

I made a Frittata, following the recipe I linked in the previous post. Let me tell you how delicious it is! Because it is! Hope I actually have enough for two breakfasts since everyone had to sample! I am glad they liked it though.

I also cut up a bunch of carrots and celery and julienned them and put them in beautiful blue mason jars in the fridge. Ready to go for when we get the munchies. Wow, all this cutting and peeling is a big job. But I have learned, from reading, that it is so necessary to be prepared. Also, hard boiled a dozen eggs.

I made a big batch of very yummy meatballs. We will use these for snacks if the kids are really, really hungry. They can have a meatball along with their carrots and celery. LOL! That should tide them over for dinner. 

A big baking dish of boneless, skinless chicken thighs were cooked with herbs and lemon wedges and a pan of roasted sweet potatoes. They looked so good! So, that is what we had for dinner tonight!! 

But what was most amazing to me was the homemade mayonnaise we whipped up. I bought a new Kitchen-aid stick blender just for this purpose. And my thumbs hurt from holding in the button for such a long period of time. Have you ever made homemade mayo? It was amazing to see an egg and olive oil turn into mayo. I added a variety of spices and created a lovely 'ranch' dressing. I am sure I'll have to make more of this before the week is out. Because I can see Darian across the room with a plate of celery sticks and ranch dressing. 

Day one begins in the morning with breakfast. I tried my coffee today with some coconut milk! Eh...not as good as the vanilla creamer, but it will work for the next 30 days. Or I will learn to drink my coffee black again!!


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are all prepared and ready to go! No I never made homemade mayo before; might have to down the road!

    Good luck with this; you can do it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to make but I don't know if I would always want to make it myself! We are so spoiled with convenience aren't we?

      Delete
  2. i always buy ready made mayo..can't bear the hussle of making at home..i prefer milk in my coffee but never try coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried drinking my coffee without either today. Yuck!

      Delete
  3. Good for you guys. I am so anxious to hear how it goes for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google this one. Wow. I am going to be following you. I want to see how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete