Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Journey is Beginning

Before we made our New Year's Goals we talked about how we wanted to get healthy in 2016. We set our start date for March (after Harley is finished with basketball season). This gives me plenty of time to do my reading and planning. The things that are necessary for success I think.

So I purchased the Nook Book Whole 30 by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig and I have been studying. I also read from the Blogs Whole 30 and my friend Lisa's blog Real Life Paleo. It was actually Lisa who inspired me to try Whole 30 and then move into Paleo as the second step.

I am very excited for this new adventure. So are Darian and Harley. Justin and Paige are supportive of us even though Paige has wondered what she will have to eat when she comes to visit. The one thing she has always loved about granny's house is all the junk food. Her mom is into healthy eating and there isn't much junk food there. And now there won't be much here. Strike that! There won't be any here!!

The rules of Whole 30 are pretty intense. I will write about them on my next post. Get ready, Get set, here we go!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure you guys will do great! Request, if it is possible, can you put a follower thingy here on the blog so I can follow it and get updates on my Dashboard? Don't want to miss anything :)

    thanks!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I will put that on right now!!

      Delete
  2. Hey, good luck. Nice you have companions on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I hope they stay with me the whole way!! LOL

      Delete